PDA

View Full Version : Question

Mark_H
05-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Never really noticed this before - but on the sub-forums on the united states coins - half cents, early date, middle date, etc. Is there something I need to set to see the sub-forums in last post time, descending order? I can change it at the bottom of the forum, but not sure if I can save that setting for me.

Thanks

PennyGuy
05-05-2014, 10:22 PM
If I understand your question...... When I go to those forums I click on the category I want ( Half Cents, or Middle Date, etc) and all the posts under that topic show, listed with the most current first. The threads that show underneath the 5 listed early copper categories are US Coins general threads that don't fit in the early copper subjects.

Does it work that way for you? If not then we need to get Jamez involved.

Mark_H
05-06-2014, 01:42 PM
When I go into the sub forums for half cents, middle dates, etc - if you look down at the bottom of the screen under thread display options - it says order threads, thread title. Usually it says by last post date. Now I am wondering if I should have been putting the date as the first word of the title - like the bust half forum. I think that is what was intended. So I think I am good. Maybe I will ask a mod to put a date in the thread - or better yet - I will just do some reposting.

Missie
05-06-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm confused but I'm operating on very little sleep. I took a screen shot from the "HOME" page and the page you land on when you click "U.S. COINS" and another from the EAC Sub-Forums. This is from an iPad so it looks a bit different than a computer screen.

Missie
05-06-2014, 03:11 PM
If I understand your question...... When I go to those forums I click on the category I want ( Half Cents, or Middle Date, etc) and all the posts under that topic show, listed with the most current first. The threads that show underneath the 5 listed early copper categories are US Coins general threads that don't fit in the early copper subjects.

Does it work that way for you? If not then we need to get Jamez involved.

I see see what you're saying, mine aren't in order either. Hmmmmmmm. :confused: I'll take a look in admin panel and see if I can figure it out.

Missie
05-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Hey, I think I fixed it. Let me know how it's displaying for you now.

1st pic is before control panel changes and second is after:

Mark_H
05-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Looks great Missie. Thanks.

Treashunt
05-14-2014, 12:25 PM
egad, I go blind for a week and look at what happened!

Still, I can't see this yet.

anyway, back to fumbling along

Missie
05-14-2014, 01:33 PM
egad, I go blind for a week and look at what happened!

Still, I can't see this yet.

anyway, back to fumbling along

Did you click on it to make it big? BTW, Have you gotten the okay from the eye doc to be back on the computer? If you have you can go into display settings on your computer and make everything bigger until you're all better. If you haven't been cleared turn off the computer, it's not worth the risk. Seriously, how much fun would coin collecting and metal detecting be if you can't see ANYTHING? I want you back but not at the risk of more damage to your eye. :nono:

If it's a Mac or iPad I can help make things display bigger but if it's a PC I'll have to google it or ask one of the guys.

PennyGuy
05-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Hold Ctr and press + to enlarge as many times as you want! the Ctr and - to go back.

Mark_H
05-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Look at that - I learned something new today. So I can rest easy tonight. I always used the zoom key or the drop down box in the lower right hand corner of IE.