PDA

View Full Version : windows 7 question

vipergts2
08-14-2014, 02:28 PM
I had windows xp at work and everything was fine. Now I have windows 7 and my keyboard acts funny. It skips letters frequently posting here on the forum. Email and word is fine but in the quick replies here on the forum it is horrible. I changed keyboards first thinking that is the problem but no luck.

Ths is an exple ofwhat hpens when I typ witout correcting. Drives m crazy.

Anyone else run into ths?

Treashunt
08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
It does the same thing to me.

But not on my laptop

rzage
08-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Dang , John . I don't even know what I have though I think Windows 7 . Guess I better check . :)

rzage
08-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Guess I have Windows 7 Home Premium . No problems here . Do you have home premium ?

PennyGuy
08-14-2014, 07:17 PM
John, Something to check....

I also use Windows 7, IE 11.0.10 At the top of any page here click Settings, then along the left side under My Account, click Settings. Look to see if the boxes checked match mine.

Click to Enlarge

Mark_H
08-14-2014, 09:37 PM
My settings match - but then again I am on windows 7, IE11 and the latest updates on about everything at home. At work no issues and it is windows 7, IE9 - and who the heck knows what they push down to me. Maybe you just type to fast. :)

vipergts2
08-15-2014, 08:37 AM
I'll check settings. Thanks. I may have to load google chrome back on and try that too.

vipergts2
08-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Guess I have Windows 7 Home Premium . No problems here . Do you have home premium ?

Not sure which version. The IT guy just swapped out my pc for some reason and I got our office managers old one with windows 7 on. I liked my old setup, it worked fine. BTW, I changed the settings and it seems to work fine now. Thanks much.

Mark_H
08-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Your lucky they let you load stuff. I have to go to someone to get things loaded - and while they have chrome they will not just load it for you. The worst part - I am in IT and can't do about anything on my laptop but log in. I think if you read dilbert - sometimes my company works like that. :)

vipergts2
08-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Your lucky they let you load stuff. I have to go to someone to get things loaded - and while they have chrome they will not just load it for you. The worst part - I am in IT and can't do about anything on my laptop but log in. I think if you read dilbert - sometimes my company works like that. :)

I'm lucky, for the most part if it's safe I can load it.

Jamez
08-15-2014, 04:17 PM
well if you would stay off of "THOSE" sites you wouldn't have problems.. : ) Be nice to me John, I know your wife.. and I will tell her about Rhonda..

vipergts2
08-22-2014, 08:46 AM
well if you would stay off of "THOSE" sites you wouldn't have problems.. : ) Be nice to me John, I know your wife.. and I will tell her about Rhonda..

big LOL