PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a cool forum BUT....

ambro
10-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Most users ever online was 783, 09-13-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Hows that happen?? with 132 current members?

Jamez
10-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Ambro, the numbers are skewed.. when you set up a forum on the net, there are spiders that attack looking to gather information for the search engines. Well we got infested for a short period of time when we first launched because there was no information on the super highway about us. The counters only see how many users are logged into the domain. Counter cant tell if its a user or a spider. Hopefully they leave us alone for a while now..

Some governments use them to see if the URL will be allowed in their country! ie.. China.. Or thats what I have heard anyway.. : )

Jello
10-22-2010, 09:50 AM
I like a smaller forum Cointalk&CCF and places like that there to many :censored:hole. that really do not know anything but too argue about anything !
:twocents:
:peace::usa1:

raider34
10-22-2010, 11:06 AM
There are also Guests, while we only have 132 registered members, anyone who views the forum without an account is considered a Guest. In almost every forum I know of the Guests usually outweigh the registered members at any given time.

*Btw, I'm going to move this to the NS Help section, because it kinda doesn't fit here.

Missie
10-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Good question!

Garrett has a mod added that states how many Members, Guest and Spiders are online and he updates it every few weeks to "add" new spiders into the database. That day it was a TON of spiders & guest that as Jim said were probably spiders no ID'd as such. They crawl the entire site except for "Everything Else" and "The Conference Room." Those two sections are set up where at least theoretically spiders can't get into.

I remember that morning because Frank was joking in the Chatbox saying "C'mere little Spider (WHACK! with newspaper)" They've finally slowed down, but we were "infested" with them for a while there.

Hey Jim, I didn't know that about some countries checking, but we do have a TON of spiders FROM China! :sneaky: :slap:

Missie
10-24-2010, 08:26 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE_JnUDI7aEuKjqj6krxTU_D49r6PFt NL0HsR_1w5uM79uUfo&t=1&usg=__0wOa0hQQ554F6mWKUZuiQH5D40w=