PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell/Trade on this forum?

BNBCoins
11-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Have we thought about doing that? Having an open market on this forum yet?

Bonedigger
11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Well, I haven't really thought about that possibility much until now. But, if Missie thinks it's a good idea then "so be it" IMHO, it might open the door to unsavory issues & dealers which may fracture the friendly membership of the forum and violate the rules of the forum. http://www.numissociety.com/showthread.php?1-Numismatic-Society-Rules

Just My 2 Cents
Ben

illini420
11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Looks to me that the last 3 forums in the list would work for you as there is one for listing Auctions, one for things For Sale and one for items Wanted.

Treashunt
11-16-2010, 05:29 PM
look at the bottom....

of the main forum page....

it is there

mmarotta
11-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Right. I was surprised at both the question and the first reply. Scroll down the Forums, and there are three active areas. Myself, I never shop eBay because trust is so hard to come by and all the coins are hyped with "rare" and other nonsense. I like shows and conventions where you know the people and NumisSociety comes close to that. As a trusted space where personal relations are important, NumisSociety delivers a special value to people who want to sell things. Maybe Missy could charge for that service, close the Market except to those who pay. I can see where it would ruin things for some people, but I'm not one of them, so maybe I can be more objective. There are a lot of other places online to do business; and I have no objection to buying and selling actually, at least not in the abstract.

Here on NumisSociety, I would expect to see something like User1 posts in a Topic like "Show Us Your Coins with Wombats." And User2 sees the 1978 Erehwon 4 Groshen and wants it for his Erehwon collection. So, via PM, the coin changes hands. But I do not come here to read auction lists and I cannot satisfy anyone's Want List. So, the need to earn income via NumisSociety that way is lost on me.

(As a writer, I make my bones other ways.)

raider34
11-16-2010, 06:12 PM
I moved this thread to the NS Help section.

What illini, Frank, and Mike said is correct, our version of BST is separated into 3 sections located at the bottom of the forum's main page.

BNBCoins
11-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Totally missed it! Thanks guys