PDA

View Full Version : Just testing to see what a gif would look like in the forum.

Mark_H
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Some buff's on order...and playing with vendor pictures.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb15/coinmarks/Buff.gif

green18
12-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Nice effect Mark. :) And do I detect a hint of toning on this one.....?

Mark_H
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Based off the vendors pictures - all three have some toning. I have a couple of other with light gold toning and a couple with the purple type toning. I prefer booming luster. :) One of these is OGH. I am just hoping the order went thru without a hitch. Last time the coins were sold at a show before they returned and got my order.

green18
12-05-2010, 11:46 PM
I like the booming "white out" too, but every once in a while it's fun to get "colorful".....

Treashunt
12-06-2010, 07:15 AM
nice effect.

How'd you do that?

Missie
12-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Hey Mark, great coin AND effect! How did you do that? Would you mind starting a "real" thread or is it okay with you if we move this thread to the "CoinChat" forum? All threads in the test section are set to disappear after 7 days and this one warrants saving. :thumb:

Jamez
12-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Like this?

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa206/sirmot/anigif.gif

Missie
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Jim, okay tell us how you did it. :btw: THAT elongated is beautiful!!!

Jamez
12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
its not an elongated.. its some sort of medal that I never found anything out about.. Probably worth a few million or so I would think..

Instructions..
Using Photoscape..
Click on animated gif.
Pick two pictures that you want to rotate.
Select how long you want each to show.
Select how you want them to change.. ie left to right, up or down etc..
Save as Gif.
Upload to photobucket
Insert URL to the site.

Walla, you have an animated gif working on NS..

CheetahCats
12-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Friendly fyi... gifs are converted to jpgs if they are uploaded directly to the site - and hence lose their animation. If you notice, Jamez posted his gif on PhotoBucket and linked it into the post.

Here's a recent example of a gif that I posted on another forum. A collector was asking if his colonial note was legit or not. Using one image as the control (known genuine specimen), I sychronized an image of his specimen as a gif overlay. Then by alternating the two, you can see with the overlay that indeed the specimen appears legit (at least, not a contemporary counterfeit) because they both match. (Colonial notes of the era used leaves as a way to deter counterfeiting - leaves are like fingerprints, no two leaves are identical)

http://home.comcast.net/%7Enumismatica/pwpimages/Comparison.gif?PHPSESSID=9838866db3ec2fc7ca16f4b95 8d6c828

I use Adobe ImageReady for constructing animated gifs. It hooks into PhotoShop.

Bonedigger
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Lookin' Good Hombre. :)

green18
12-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I saw that post Cheetah and thought it was a really neat way to try and determine authenticity.

CheetahCats
12-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I saw that post Cheetah and thought it was a really neat way to try and determine authenticity.

Thanks Ken.

Mark_H
12-06-2010, 09:22 PM
its not an elongated.. its some sort of medal that I never found anything out about.. Probably worth a few million or so I would think..

Instructions..
Using Photoscape..
Click on animated gif.
Pick two pictures that you want to rotate.
Select how long you want each to show.
Select how you want them to change.. ie left to right, up or down etc..
Save as Gif.
Upload to photobucket
Insert URL to the site.

Walla, you have an animated gif working on NS..

Exactly how I did it. Plus the gif was too large(or at least I think) to upload directly to the site. I was just playing with photscape and thought I would give this a whirl while I saved the vendors pictures.

Also got confirmation they were shipped. :)