PDA

View Full Version : BUY FAKE PCGS DOUBLE EAGLE

rzage
02-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Here's one of the listings for a fake PCGS Slab with fake double eagle . From you guessed it China .
http://www.dhgate.com/1892-silver-dollar-united-states-pcgs-20/p-ff8080812e32cde8012e50ffec9b6859.html
Rusty:doh:

rzage
02-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Read his claims underneath the coin .
Rusty

Bonedigger
02-28-2011, 10:06 PM
I tried to report it... I've got a few RAW (genuine) double eagles and hate this sort of deception...

Ben

green18
02-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Gilt? this guy's a rube. And the PCGS slab? Scary.......

rzage
03-01-2011, 12:08 AM
He even suggests you can put it on Ebay and make money with it . How can ebay let them sell that c--p
Rusty

mardan1
03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Here's one of the listings for a fake PCGS Slab with fake double eagle . From you guessed it China .
http://www.dhgate.com/1892-silver-dollar-united-states-pcgs-20/p-ff8080812e32cde8012e50ffec9b6859.html
Rusty:doh:

Interesting rusty. Just curious, how can you tell? Did you check the number with PCGS? I also see that bonedigger tried to report it. What hat there?

mardan1
03-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Guess I should have read the whole description. I see that it says 'gilt'. Is the PCGS slab real?

rzage
03-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Guess I should have read the whole description. I see that it says 'gilt'. Is the PCGS slab real?

I really doubt PCGS would slab a gilded copy and give it a grade and call it $20 . I didn't think I had to look up the # considering the sellers description . I think he also has NGC slab copies . I'll try to see if the #s match though .
Rusty

1863cwt
03-01-2011, 10:35 AM
News flash China, Christmas was Dec. 25th, and we are not shopping for this Christmas yet. I think we should send Jim over there to set these low lifes straight!

vipergts2
03-01-2011, 12:58 PM
That is a bit scary. This guy is honest that it is plated, but you can bet the next guy won't be so forthcoming. I like the description though: silver dollar PCGS $20 .

Bonedigger
03-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Nothing back from Ebay yet. Not sure that they'll do anything about it because of the description, but the Slabs & Numbers also have me worried.

Ben

rzage
03-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I reported it too . But all they see are $$$$$$$$$ I wonder If PCGS seen these . That's gotta be copyright infringement .
Rusty

rzage
03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Went to PCGS and this is a valid # . To check any PCGS # go to this link . But it is for a real $20 gold piece , not a gilded piece . They just copy a valid # on their fake slabs . Be sure when you enter a # you only put in the #s after
the / not the numbers before it . Also genuine PCGS slabs have a bar code on them .
http://www.pcgs.com/cert/
Rusty

rzage
03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Here's their link expaining their new # system .
http://www.pcgs.com/barcode.html
Rusty

Paddy54
03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Whats really scary is that there are bids on it!

rzage
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Whats really scary is that there are bids on it!

That is scary , some idiots going to buy some and sell them as legit to someone who doesn't know better , and people are going to think they're real and bid on them .

Mark_H
03-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Is there a place to report it to PCGS?

rzage
03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Is there a place to report it to PCGS?

That's what I was wondering .
Rusty

rzage
03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Check these out .
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coinforgeryebay/

Mark_H
03-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I sent an email to info@pcgs.com. Not sure what they can do, but thought it was worth a try.

rzage
03-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I sent an email to info@pcgs.com. Not sure what they can do, but thought it was worth a try.

Kool , hopefully they might get something done . I asked the buyer if I could buy just the PCGS slabs and put my own coins in them . Wonder what they'll say . I can't believe he has the gall to say you can even sell them on ebay for thousands . soe how these are going to get out in the collecting world . We just have to learn to tell fake coins and slabs from the real ones .
Rusty

rzage
03-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Fake slab seller , admits they are fake .
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coinforgeryebay/sets/72157626120274286/

vipergts2
03-02-2011, 08:39 AM
That is just plain scary. There is a lot of fake coin/fake slabs on that site.

Fake Canada
03-02-2011, 09:28 AM
An on-line auction house out of China........YUCK!

vipergts2
03-02-2011, 10:16 AM
First you have to be able to detect counterfeit coins, now we have to be able to ID fake slabs. Kind of sucks.

PennyGuy
03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Sure would like to see PCGS take some very public action on this type of thing.

vipergts2
03-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Yes, it makes me more nervous all the time. You really have to know what you are buying.

Fake Canada
03-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I am going to take a different approach.........every one of the counterfeiters accepts paypal........stop that pipe line.....and may put a dent in payment.......am gonna try....nothing to lose but time!:sneaky::hammer::nana: Is it not "money laundering the procedes of crime" or "aiding in Counterfeiting" illegal.....and Paypal in an American company? Yup am gonna try..........where are those windmills anyways...........LOL

Bonedigger
03-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Good luck my friend. Tilting at windmills is only crazy if you don't give it a try... :) Please keep us posted.

Take Care
Ben

vipergts2
03-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Good luck

fretboard
03-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Went to PCGS and this is a valid # . To check any PCGS # go to this link . But it is for a real $20 gold piece , not a gilded piece . They just copy a valid # on their fake slabs . Be sure when you enter a # you only put in the #s after
the / not the numbers before it . Rusty

That sucks and nothing will ever change about these fake axx Chinese counterfeiters until a Congressman gets wind of the matter and does something about it. Even then all we can do is watch out for each other and report them sob'xz!! I really don't think a Congressman could do anything anyways, report the MF's! The MF stands for manuFacturers! :rofl:

rzage
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
I am going to take a different approach.........every one of the counterfeiters accepts paypal........stop that pipe line.....and may put a dent in payment.......am gonna try....nothing to lose but time!:sneaky::hammer::nana: Is it not "money laundering the procedes of crime" or "aiding in Counterfeiting" illegal.....and Paypal in an American company? Yup am gonna try..........where are those windmills anyways...........LOL

Mike good luck , but I think ebay is more to blame than paypal .

First you have to be able to detect counterfeit coins, now we have to be able to ID fake slabs. Kind of sucks.

They even use real numbers so if you check the PCGS or NGC records they come out as legit . Unless they have grade A pics you won't be able to tell . I guess the only thing you can trust are the new slabs where they take pics of the coin . Then compare the marks of each coin . But that will only help on the new slabs which probably cost a heck of a lot more .
Rusty

Fake Canada
03-14-2011, 12:53 PM
:announce:Well, you heard it here first!!!! All Canadian Content from the website has been removed by ORDER of Paypal!!!!!! I am currently atempting to contact PCGS to explain how I did it....but the automated thingy's are not my style.......NGC was very interested........I sent them info......If enough of a noise is made in USA I bet they go away as well? Bye for now.......Regards Don Q. :rofl:

Bonedigger
03-14-2011, 02:53 PM
GREAT NEWS!!! Thank you FC, aka Don Quixote. :)

Sancho Panza

vipergts2
03-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Very cool FC.

PennyGuy
03-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Well Done Mike :thumb:

rzage
03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Well done for sure , thanks Mike .
Rusty

chip
03-14-2011, 07:25 PM
In a little bit of synchronicity, I am reading Don Quixote at work, (during breaks and lunch), just to remind people, Don Quixote was suffering under delusions, (windmills were giants, roadside inns were castles) I do not think that fake canada is harboring any delusions.

I have often wondered why some enterprising states attorney did not attempt to hit ebay up for a few hundred million dollars under the rico act. since ebay is probably a vital link in introducing illegal counterfeits into the nations, I have heard that volunteer advisory committees of numismatists have been ignored, by ebay management.

I suppose that the big wheels at ebay must make enough campaign donations (bribes) to the donks and the pachyderms, to buy them immunity from the laws.

Fake Canada
03-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Chip, Thanks, there are many that will debate that issue with you LOL Have your listened to a Canadian singer Gordon Lightfoot? He has a great song called Don Quixote...a good listen IMO Regards MM

green18
03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Gordon Lightfoot? Canadian Railroad Triligy......Wherefore and Why?.......Wreak of the Edmund Fitzgerald......Just one of my favorite singer/song writers. :)

Oh, forgot to mention......Great job Don, er, um, I mean, Mike....:)

Fake Canada
03-17-2011, 07:15 PM
thru the woodland.thru the valley comes a horseman wild and free....... its wreck LOL no smell etc involved......LOL MM

green18
03-17-2011, 08:11 PM
LOL, yeah I noticed that. The spell checker I have doesn't agree much with the new AOL software I recently upgraded to. If I employ it, the whole screen freezes. I guess I should use Firefox or Chrome when I respond.....:)

rzage
03-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Chrome , Firefox ?

green18
03-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Chrome , Firefox ?

Web Browsers Rusty. They've got a built in spell checker. Actually they're much better than AOL or Internet Explorer, but my e-mail is with AOL so I tend to stay with the AOL browser.

rzage
03-18-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm going to have to get one of those PC for Dummies books .

Missie
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
:slap: :bang: :poke: That listing is a load of crap! :doh::cuss: Good work Mike. :thumb:

Fake Canada
03-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Well, it seems Paypal had admitted (in an email to me) that Counterfeiting is absolutely against Policy, so, they have informed DH Gate that counterfeit coins and holders are not allowed or Paypal will stop thieir account. I have commenced reporting the USA and World stuff. Some is already removed. Paypal has informed me that they will not accept non-compliance from the website.
NGC has began the legal paper bombardment as well (I provided them with the Intelectual property form which I got from Payapl) I am reporting all the PCGS stuff....have not heard from them in almost 2 weeks. It appears that the website values Paypal very much (this I was counting on) and are willing to remove the coins/bullion fakes. I got lucky....the money is important..........oh, before I forget......It will be like "Whack-a-Mole" for about a week, but that is it. It should be interesting. See, One person Can make a differance..............while at Balt. show stop by NGC and PCGS table and tell them they owe me................................Regards Don Q. :bang:

Bonedigger
03-31-2011, 04:01 PM
WAY TO GO!!!! The Windmills Have Begun to Topple!!!

Sancho

rzage
04-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Well, it seems Paypal had admitted (in an email to me) that Counterfeiting is absolutely against Policy, so, they have informed DH Gate that counterfeit coins and holders are not allowed or Paypal will stop thieir account. I have commenced reporting the USA and World stuff. Some is already removed. Paypal has informed me that they will not accept non-compliance from the website.
NGC has began the legal paper bombardment as well (I provided them with the Intelectual property form which I got from Payapl) I am reporting all the PCGS stuff....have not heard from them in almost 2 weeks. It appears that the website values Paypal very much (this I was counting on) and are willing to remove the coins/bullion fakes. I got lucky....the money is important..........oh, before I forget......It will be like "Whack-a-Mole" for about a week, but that is it. It should be interesting. See, One person Can make a differance..............while at Balt. show stop by NGC and PCGS table and tell them they owe me................................Regards Don Q. :bang:

Way to go buddy , I mean Don Q.
Rusty

rzage
04-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Checked out the site and the items are no longer available . Chalk one up to FC and all that reported them .
Rusty

Fake Canada
04-12-2011, 09:24 PM
OK, last update.........NOT ONE LEFT.............I am going to write a piece for Coin World........will not flatter PCGS or NGC. LOL Thru the woodland thru the valley comes a horseman wild and free.............lololol Rergards Mike

fretboard
04-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Give em' hell Fake Canada!! :bang::thumb:

rzage
04-13-2011, 01:37 AM
OK, last update.........NOT ONE LEFT.............I am going to write a piece for Coin World........will not flatter PCGS or NGC. LOL Thru the woodland thru the valley comes a horseman wild and free.............lololol Rergards Mike

Darn Mike I finally got it , friggin A all the fakes are gone . Can't believe how stupid I was not to put 2+2 together till now . Way to go . The little guy finally kicked some fake Chinese behinds . Thanks a lot from this United States collector .
Rusty

Dok U Mint
04-13-2011, 03:52 AM
There was a time in this fair land
when the railroads did not run.

But it sounds like we are getting back on track.:bang:

Frankie125
05-31-2011, 11:02 PM
.... USER HAS BEEN BANNED ....

Bonedigger
05-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Again, Great Job!!!

financeman
05-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Another one bites the dust. lol

rzage
06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Never got to meet poor Frankie . Who was that masked man .

Treashunt
06-01-2011, 07:33 AM

a bogus poster.

but, congrats FC.

Jamez
06-01-2011, 07:34 AM

A New Member that I think perhaps is a little perturbed that Mike is on a crusade. : ) (home country was China, need I say more?)