Thread: Question

Hybrid View

Liked 1,720 Times in 1,368 Posts

Question

Never really noticed this before - but on the sub-forums on the united states coins - half cents, early date, middle date, etc. Is there something I need to set to see the sub-forums in last post time, descending order? I can change it at the bottom of the forum, but not sure if I can save that setting for me.

Thanks

PennyGuy
    Numismatic Society Guest
    If I understand your question...... When I go to those forums I click on the category I want ( Half Cents, or Middle Date, etc) and all the posts under that topic show, listed with the most current first. The threads that show underneath the 5 listed early copper categories are US Coins general threads that don't fit in the early copper subjects.

Does it work that way for you? If not then we need to get Jamez involved.

Liked 848 Times in 667 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyGuy View Post
    If I understand your question...... When I go to those forums I click on the category I want ( Half Cents, or Middle Date, etc) and all the posts under that topic show, listed with the most current first. The threads that show underneath the 5 listed early copper categories are US Coins general threads that don't fit in the early copper subjects.

Does it work that way for you? If not then we need to get Jamez involved.

I see see what you're saying, mine aren't in order either. Hmmmmmmm. I'll take a look in admin panel and see if I can figure it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Missie

If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat.

When I go into the sub forums for half cents, middle dates, etc - if you look down at the bottom of the screen under thread display options - it says order threads, thread title. Usually it says by last post date. Now I am wondering if I should have been putting the date as the first word of the title - like the bust half forum. I think that is what was intended. So I think I am good. Maybe I will ask a mod to put a date in the thread - or better yet - I will just do some reposting.

My Mood
    Breezy
    I'm confused but I'm operating on very little sleep. I took a screen shot from the "HOME" page and the page you land on when you click "U.S. COINS" and another from the EAC Sub-Forums. This is from an iPad so it looks a bit different than a computer screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Missie

If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Hey, I think I fixed it. Let me know how it's displaying for you now.

1st pic is before control panel changes and second is after:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	27275
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Missie

Looks great Missie. Thanks.

Forum Co-Founder/Grumpy Treashunt's Avatar
    Liked 1,771 Times in 1,435 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    egad, I go blind for a week and look at what happened!

Still, I can't see this yet.

anyway, back to fumbling along
    BHNC #203

My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Treashunt View Post
    egad, I go blind for a week and look at what happened!

Still, I can't see this yet.

anyway, back to fumbling along
    Did you click on it to make it big? BTW, Have you gotten the okay from the eye doc to be back on the computer? If you have you can go into display settings on your computer and make everything bigger until you're all better. If you haven't been cleared turn off the computer, it's not worth the risk. Seriously, how much fun would coin collecting and metal detecting be if you can't see ANYTHING? I want you back but not at the risk of more damage to your eye.

If it's a Mac or iPad I can help make things display bigger but if it's a PC I'll have to google it or ask one of the guys.
    Missie

PennyGuy
    Numismatic Society Guest
    Hold Ctr and press + to enlarge as many times as you want! the Ctr and - to go back.

Look at that - I learned something new today. So I can rest easy tonight. I always used the zoom key or the drop down box in the lower right hand corner of IE.