Thread: 1950 Cinco Pesos Silver Coin Mexico- The RailRoad Peso Coin For Sale

Threaded View

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

1950 Cinco Pesos Silver Coin Mexico- The RailRoad Peso Coin For Sale

This is one beauty of a coin and I have it for sale! Total price delivered is $55 dollars! I'm sure you will find that this is a fair price for these, check on ebay! The story on these coins is there was only 200,000 minted and 100.000 of those were smelted because at the time they weren't selling well. This coin was minted in Mexico in 1950 to commemorate the FERROCARRILES UNIDOS del SURESTE. I will leave the wiki link in case you want to read about this special coin. Thank you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferroca...os_del_Sureste

Ferrocarriles Unidos del Sureste was a company that operated a railroad in southeastern Mexico. In the 1930s the Mexican government decided to build a railroad into the Yucatán, connecting the national system with the isolated Ferrocarriles Unidos de Yucatán. [1]. The project was completed in 1950 and commemorated with a 5 peso coin.[2] In 1975 the Yucatan and Southeast systems were merged into the Ferrocarriles Unidos del Sureste. The system was privatized in 1999 and closed in 2007.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scannedNov27th2010045[1].jpg   scannedNov27th2010046[1].jpg   scannedNov27th2010047[1].jpg