PDA

View Full Version : Members Slow Site Input

PennyGuy
02-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Gee guys, this site really doesn't care what your input device is. Now, your connection speed, browser, etc, those will affect how you think any site responds.

PennyGuy
02-16-2014, 08:06 PM
I agree someone need to fix the time lag -it is horrendous !!

Well first, if two people are having a problem, and several hundred are not, it might not be the site. Have you tried the three choices in editor under Settings? Also, if you have MS Word installed, is autocorrect coming from that application? Your operating system and browser of choice are also potential impacts.

We also have a forum for these type issue.

Now back to our previously scheduled programming, Lincoln cents

rzage
02-16-2014, 08:18 PM
I have a slow internet provider , but this site is as fast or faster than any I go to . Could it be your browser ?

Coppercoins
02-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Well first, if two people are having a problem, and several hundred are not, it might not be the site. Have you tried the three choices in editor under Settings? Also, if you have MS Word installed, is autocorrect coming from that application? Your operating system and browser of choice are also potential impacts.

We also have a forum for these type issue.

Now back to our previously scheduled programming, Lincoln cents

Have you tried the three choices in editor under Settings? Where is this setting?

PennyGuy
02-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Have you tried the three choices in editor under Settings? Where is this setting?

Top right corner of the Screen is Settings, click that, then on Left side My Account, click General Settings. At bottom find Misc settings there you will see three choices. I use Standard Editor. Our Admins will need to know your operating system and version, browser name and version to attempt to duplicate your issues. What internet connectivity do you have, and do you know it's speed?

PennyGuy
02-17-2014, 02:34 PM
I created this thread to move comments from other threads so that 1. The other thread can stay on topic, and 2. To allow Admins and Mods to see all such comments without reading every post in every thread.

Posts here are in date time sequence as entered............

From Kanga 2/16/2014

"BTW this site continues to give me fits.
I'm a "hunt and peck" typist but now I can type faster than this site will accept my input. "

From Coppercoins 2/16/2014

"I agree someone need to fix the time lag -it is horrendous !! "

PennyGuy
02-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Trying the different editors under the Settings tab are the only controls users have with this software.

Other fixes that have worked for others are:
Empty cache on the computer having the issue
A cold reboot after emptying the cache.
Those with MS Word installed may see Word correcting typing errors, this slows down the posting computer as well.

To allow admins to try and recreate issues, info is needed. (other than this site sucks) Such as:
Operating System and version
Browser used and version
Internet connection type and speed.
This info will help in trying to diagnose a computer problem remotely.

Thanks

green18
02-17-2014, 09:49 PM
No lag time on this end. Greased lightning! :)

OldCopper
02-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Fast for me too.

Missie
02-18-2014, 12:47 PM
I've tested it on my phone with Verizon wireless, iPad using Safari and Windows 7 PC using Firefox and it's performing fine on all 3.

Is anyone else having issues with this? We just went through a major update/optimization and the site speeds have been consistently zippy for me since the update. Just my :twocents:.

Jamez
02-18-2014, 01:26 PM
I have to wonder if perhaps they clean the cache out it will cleanse the old site from their computers and bring in the new stuff. Just a thought.

rzage
02-18-2014, 06:19 PM
How do you clean your cache ?

Jamez
02-18-2014, 06:53 PM
How do you clean your cache ?

Throw it in a dishwasher of course.. Geez Rusty..

(what browser do you use?) its different in all of them.

rzage
02-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Latest version of Fire fox , I really don't need it now . But just in case . If it's a long drawn out affair forgetaboutit . ;)

Mark_H
02-18-2014, 08:09 PM
I have used IE8,9,10 and 11. With 10 I had to change to the standard editor. I just upgraded at home to IE11 and no issues. I have also used chrome without issues. Right now I am in a hotel in York,PA using a not so good wifi and still no issues. I typically use ccclean (i think that is it) every do often to clean stuff up.

Jamez
02-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Rusty, at the top of the browser, Click on Tools, go down to options, go over to the tab that says advanced. you will see a button that says Clear Now after cached web content.

rzage
02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Rusty, at the top of the browser, Click on Tools, go down to options, go over to the tab that says advanced. you will see a button that says Clear Now after cached web content.

Thanks Jim , I found it , it was under "Network" in Advanced .:thumb:

green18
02-20-2014, 08:12 PM
CC clean is an excellent program but you should still go in and clean out your browser cache..........