PDA

View Full Version : Technical Issues for the Site & Me

kanga
08-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I can't find any place that seems proper so I'm posting here.

All the problems appear to involve Compatibility View.

I can't open some (all?) Forums if I have Compatibility View selected.
I can't see the formatting icons (bold, italics and none of the others at the top) if I have Compatibility View selected.

The Enter key won't work if Compatibility View is NOT selected.

And the Chat area at the top flat doesn't work.

What's am I doing wrong?

Jamez
08-07-2013, 12:03 PM
What operating system and what browser are we dealing with here?

I know that I have done a fresh install of my hard drive with everything and still can not upload photos using Firefox. Works fine with IE though.

kanga
08-07-2013, 12:54 PM
What operating system and what browser are we dealing with here?

I know that I have done a fresh install of my hard drive with everything and still can not upload photos using Firefox. Works fine with IE though.

My computer has OS Win7.
And IE-10 for the browser.

My difficulties started when I upgraded to IE-10.
And I understand there were "issues" with that browser initially.
But that was a while ago.

Treashunt
08-07-2013, 01:08 PM
That is all Chinese to me. :)

TestUser123
08-07-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm testing uploading pics with Firefox:24537

Treashunt
08-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Testy: Great SCD.

TestUser123
08-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Jim, I can upload using Firefox with no problems if I select "Basic Uploader." It wouldn't work if I didn't select Basic Uploader.

Kanga I just tried G's Win7 laptop and he doesn't even have IE installed because he hates it. I'll try on his Win7 Desktop and see if IE is on there. I know a lot of people use IE but it is really buggy, you might want to try Chrome or Firefox instead.

TestUser123
08-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Testy: Great SCD.

It's me Frank. :) I blame CC, he got me on the Louisiana Merchant Tokens and that somehow led to a SCD from Steve. :doh: My collection is a testament to my ADD, I bounce around a lot. :p

Testy Missie

Treashunt
08-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi, TM.

Mark_H
08-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Yuck - if I set compatibility view I see what you mean. No options or font size available. I keep compatibility view turned off with IE 10.

Mark_H
08-07-2013, 02:48 PM
If you have not tried this give it a whirl. Turn off compatibility view. Next go to settings upper right corner near your login(right past notifications and my profile). So click on settings. On the right hand column scroll down until you see general settings. Click general settings. Then scroll down until you see miscellaneous options. Change the message editor interface to Standard Editor - Extra Formatting controls. Scroll down save the changes. Then go thru and test some items - I know the enter key works for me with that setting, but not the enhanced interface.

Jamez
08-07-2013, 04:42 PM
24555Hmm, so you have to use the basic uploader and not the insert image in Firefox. OK, I can sleep now.. I learned sumfin today

Jamez
08-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Kanga, I have the same setup on a PC as you and its working.. I think Mark H has your answer above.. give it a try and let us know!