Thread: I know this is a cool forum BUT....

Hybrid View

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I know this is a cool forum BUT....

Most users ever online was 783, 09-13-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Hows that happen?? with 132 current members?

Liked 1,531 Times in 1,025 Posts
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Ambro, the numbers are skewed.. when you set up a forum on the net, there are spiders that attack looking to gather information for the search engines. Well we got infested for a short period of time when we first launched because there was no information on the super highway about us. The counters only see how many users are logged into the domain. Counter cant tell if its a user or a spider. Hopefully they leave us alone for a while now..

Some governments use them to see if the URL will be allowed in their country! ie.. China.. Or thats what I have heard anyway.. : )
    ANA, CONECA, HVNS, Numis$ociety, TEC, WINS, CSN, R2D2 and C3PO too.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it. - Clint Eastwood
    "BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!"

Banned
    Liked 178 Times in 154 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I like a smaller forum Cointalk&CCF and places like that there to many hole. that really do not know anything but too argue about anything !

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    There are also Guests, while we only have 132 registered members, anyone who views the forum without an account is considered a Guest. In almost every forum I know of the Guests usually outweigh the registered members at any given time.

*Btw, I'm going to move this to the NS Help section, because it kinda doesn't fit here.

Liked 848 Times in 667 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Good question!

Garrett has a mod added that states how many Members, Guest and Spiders are online and he updates it every few weeks to "add" new spiders into the database. That day it was a TON of spiders & guest that as Jim said were probably spiders no ID'd as such. They crawl the entire site except for "Everything Else" and "The Conference Room." Those two sections are set up where at least theoretically spiders can't get into.

I remember that morning because Frank was joking in the Chatbox saying "C'mere little Spider (WHACK! with newspaper)" They've finally slowed down, but we were "infested" with them for a while there.

Hey Jim, I didn't know that about some countries checking, but we do have a TON of spiders FROM China!
    Missie

If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat.

Liked 848 Times in 667 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Missie

If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat.