Thread: Tell the Landlord the Rant is due.

Hybrid View

Liked 462 Times in 355 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Tell the Landlord the Rant is due.

I've mentioned this before, but have yet to get an adequate explanation........

Why is it that the column of recent posts contains 10-12 posts from 5 threads, and why don't new threads show up immediately in the threads column as well.

About 40 minutes ago, I posted a new thread (about a book) and there has been one reply, but not only does it not show in the recent posts column but it doesn't show in the latest threads either.

Do these have to be screened by the censors before they can be posted?

Chris

Liked 848 Times in 667 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by cpm9ball View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but have yet to get an adequate explanation........

Why is it that the column of recent posts contains 10-12 posts from 5 threads, and why don't new threads show up immediately in the threads column as well.

About 40 minutes ago, I posted a new thread (about a book) and there has been one reply, but not only does it not show in the recent posts column but it doesn't show in the latest threads either.

Do these have to be screened by the censors before they can be posted?

Chris
    I don't know why it isn't showing up but I do know it doesn't have to be approved to show up. I'll look into it and see what I can figure out.
    Missie

If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat.

Liked 1,516 Times in 1,107 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Must be a regional thing. I ain't detecting that sort of thing in the North East.........
    Don't look back, something might be gainin' on ya.......Satchel Paige

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts....John Wooden

There's never a right time to do the wrong thing. There's never a wrong time to do the right thing.....Dr. Lou Holtz

Liked 326 Times in 240 Posts
    The ghost in the machine not like you :D
    You may soar with the Eagles...
    But weasels never get sucked into jet engines!
    ANA Gold member: 3171637

My Mood
    Breezy
    I've looked for an hour and I'm ready to smash something. I'm sorry Chris but I give up. I will ask CC if he's got any idea about WTH the problem is.

I actually considered just turning off the side stuff and declaring it "fixed" but I didn't let my temper with the gremlins make me do that.

Sorry Chris, maybe somebody else will have an idea or I'll get struck by lightning during the night and have a bright idea.
    Missie

If you can look at a dog and not feel vicarious excitement and affection, you must be a cat.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Hey Chris,

Here's another problem I've noticed: vBulletin may have something against you because when I "Like" your post it never shows up as a "Like" I've been working on that one for months and haven't figured it out.
    Missie

My Mood
    Breezy
    Well heck, I just went back to forum page and they're all showing up Chris. Problem solved and I'm taking full credit for it. Just be patient, it seems those columns do things at their own pace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 1.23.11 AM.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	23015 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 1.22.47 AM.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	23016

Click 'em and they'll get bigger.
    Missie

PennyGuy
    Numismatic Society Guest
    My guess is that new items won't show until the page you are looking at is refreshed. Hitting reload, or going to a different page and coming back seems to work for me. Mostly I use the New Posts button to see new posts anyway.

Liked 3,373 Times in 2,825 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I know the person making a new thread won't see it in the new thread column until someone responds to it . I always use the what's new feature to find posts .
    Instant Karmas Gonna Get You ~ John LennonANA#3146234

Colonial & Early American CheetahCats's Avatar
    Liked 381 Times in 308 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    The features on the right are widgets that feed from the forum database. The database is cached and indexed. Thus there is a delay between when brand new threads are submitted, and when they get indexed, cached, and appear in the widgets. The forum is cached to improve site performance and reduce server load. Threads and posts are indexed to improve performance with queries and topic threading/display.

The tradeoff is the delay.
    Last edited by CheetahCats; 03-15-2013 at 03:41 AM.

©2011 - 2012 NOVA NUMISMATICS LLC
    Except for FAIR USE pursuant to the DMCA, images & content may not be duplicated or reused for any purpose

The Following 3 Users Like This Post: Bonedigger (03-15-2013),Missie (03-15-2013),rzage (03-15-2013)

Liked 462 Times in 355 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by CheetahCats View Post
    The features on the right are widgets that feed from the forum database. The database is cached and indexed. Thus there is a delay between when brand new threads are submitted, and when they get indexed, cached, and appear in the widgets. The forum is cached to improve site performance and reduce server load. Threads and posts are indexed to improve performance with queries and topic threading/display.

The tradeoff is the delay.
    Thanks, CC!

Chris

My Mood
    Breezy
    And the award for knowing what the problem was goes to the Kitty Cat! Thanks CC!
    Missie