Thread: IE 10 - carriage return

Hybrid View

Liked 1,733 Times in 1,376 Posts

IE 10 - carriage return

Well this is kind of disconcerting - and yes I am using extra words to see what will happen. This forum is the only one were a carriage return will not happen in PM's or in posting to a thread. Enter or control enter nothing seems to work to generate a enter. At least if I type long enough it does eventually wrap. It does not work in lets see - PM's, quick reply or even in advanced mode. So I am typing lots of characters just to see what will happen. I checked a several other forums and the CR-LF always seems to work in quick reply, advanced reply or even in PM's. Of course if I use google chrome on the site it works - but it is older than than the version of IE, but not that old. I think IE 10 downloaded a couple of nights ago. Looks like from here(http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...n-editor-4-2-1) I might need to disable some addons to see what works. time to play.

Maybe I should have read further. <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />

http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?...et-Explorer-10 found this setting.

Yeah

I
    can
    now
    use
    the
    carriage
    return.
    Hip hip horray.

Liked 3,386 Times in 2,836 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Mark , what's a carriage return ?
    Instant Karmas Gonna Get You ~ John LennonANA#3146234

Kidding right? It is the key that you hit when you get to the end of a line. The key you had to use on a type writer. It is the key labeled "enter" today. On the first keyboards I remember it was called return. It is how you start a new line if you do not use word wrap. Carriage return is how it was taught to me back in the 70's. I need to go find a picture of the first computer I ever programmed on.

Liked 3,386 Times in 2,836 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Nope , never used a typewriter except to play around on and I do remember it on that , now if you had said enter , then I would of understood .
    Instant Karmas Gonna Get You ~ John LennonANA#3146234

Quote Originally Posted by rzage View Post
    Nope , never used a typewriter except to play around on and I do remember it on that , now if you had said enter , then I would of understood .
    LOL - it is a sign of my age. My mother was a great typist - and I could never top her, but she really encouraged me to take a typing class in high school. It was always called carriage-return(or return) in the class. Since that class I have almost always called in carriage return. And yes - I have even had some customers I am helping say - which key is that? Then I have to stop and think, and then say - hit the enter key.

PennyGuy
    Numismatic Society Guest
    Thanks Mark, recently I had that problem with my IE9, a reboot fixed it, this looks like a better solution.